Health Cooperation and Human Resource Development in the Greater Mekong Subregion
After more than 20 years, the Working Group on Human Resource Development is being restructured to focus on health, given the strategic importance of regional cooperation in this area.
Human resource development, however, continues to be an important sector in the Greater Mekong Subregion. At an extraordinary meeting of the Working Group on Human Resource Development in Bangkok on 4 July 2017, participants agreed on the following key points:
• Adjust the working group’s focus and approach given the new strategic directions for cooperation.
• Consider continued support for analytical work and related initiatives in education at the country level, if there is a clear demand for these.
• Cooperation in labor and migration could be best led by other development partners with the relevant expertise and resources.
• Mainstream social development as a crosscutting theme.
• Establishing a new Working Group on Health Cooperation would be the subject of further consultations among GMS countries.
• Strategic Framework and Action Plan for Human Resource Development in the Greater Mekong Subregion (2013–2017)
• Strategic Framework and Action Plan for Human Resource Development in the Greater Mekong Subregion (2009-2012)
• Summary of Proceedings
• Knowledge Products