Sustaining the Gains of Regional Cooperation in the Greater Mekong Subregion
The knowledge and support technical assistance (TA) will support countries in the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) in transforming the GMS Program into a more effective regional cooperation platform that adds value to member countries- national development strategies and benefits the local populations of member countries. The TA is aligned with the GMS Economic Cooperation Program Strategic Framework, 2012-2022; and ADB-s Operational Plan for Regional Cooperation and Integration, 2016-2020. GMS countries strongly support the proposed outputs and activities.
Progress (as of March 2021)
Ongoing since October 2017 and revised closing date is 31 March 2020. The TA supported the organization and conduct of GMS major and side events like 10th Economic Corridors- Forum, 23rd Ministerial Conference and GMS Senior Official-s Meetings (SOM). Provided secretariat support to (or supported organizing) various GMS Working Group (WG) meetings that are venues to discuss and firm up GMS sector strategies, plans and, projects. The TA supported/currently supporting the production of various GMS knowledge products.
|Contact Name||Sumbal, Asadullah Khan|
|Organization||Southeast Asia Department, ADB|
News and Multimedia
- Regional cooperation and integration in the Greater Mekong Subregion sustained.
- Implementation of the GMS Program is more effective.
- Coordination and decision- making mechanisms strengthened.
- Project identification, resource mobilization, and results monitoring mechanisms improved.
- Knowledge- based strategic planning enhanced.
- GMS Website. https://greatermekong.org