GMS Climate Change and Environmental Sustainability Program Inception Workshop
The Asian Development Bank, with the support of the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) Working Group on Environment (WGE), is hosting the GMS Climate Change and Environmental Sustainability Program (CCESP) Inception Workshop on 23 September at 1:00–5:45 p.m. (Bangkok time, GMT +7) and 24 September at 1:00–6:00 p.m. (Bangkok time, GMT +7), via Zoom.
The CCESP is the third and current phase of the GMS Core Environment Program, which will run until 2025. The CCESP is managed under an ADB regional technical assistance (TA 9915), and covers six priority themes that were identified during the 24th Annual Meeting of the GMS WGE in 2019:
- building climate and disaster resilience;
- facilitating low carbon transitions;
- promoting climate-smart landscapes;
- enhancing environmental quality through pollution control and sustainable waste management;
- deploying digital technologies for climate actions and environmental sustainability; and
- financing low-carbon and climate-resilient infrastructure and technologies, including demonstrating climate and disaster risk financing instruments.
This will build on the achievements and lessons from the first two phases of the Core Environment Program, and will continue to support environmental cooperation and green investments in the GMS.
- To discuss the draft Inception Report prepared by the consulting team and expected results under each of the six themes of CCESP, and
- To discuss the proposed workplan and implementation approach
Aside from these main objectives, the Inception Workshop intends to introduce the TA consulting team from Ramboll, scope of services, and context of the project. The workshop will also pave the way for open communication and inclusive collaboration.
Feedback from ADB, WGE, and other participants will also be added to the final Inception Report, which will be submitted and shared within 2–3 weeks after the workshop.
The workshop expects to have more than 50 participants, comprising WGE focal points and coordinators, and representatives of relevant government departments and ministries from each GMS country, besides key development partners, representatives from civil society and academia, and the private sector.
The registration link for the workshop and the complete agenda will be uploaded in this page soon. The Inception Workshop will be conducted in English.